Today I considered the places that everyone voted on for me to go next. You guys are right I should be going to California, but I'm having second thoughts on this whole traveling thing. I met up with Addy today for lunch and we were talking about everything. She told me she didnt understand why I couldnt just face him and everyone else I left behind. I think she understands why I'm traveling so much, i hope she does at least. Addy explained how she tried running from her problems once before, just like me.After a year went by of not talking to her brother Kail, she recieved a phone call from a hospital rep.The woman told her that Kail had gotten into a head on collision with a drunk driver and his chances of life were slim. Addy said she jumped on the first plane to Philadelphia but when she arrived there it was too late, Kail had died. Addy never forgave herself for that or all of the years she spent trying to avoid her bother. Addy said it was that day she learned that nothing lasts forever. Everything that you see in front of you, around you, behind you, it's all going to be gone one day. That day is going to be coming around soon, and when it does she asked me,"will you feel at peace with everyone and evrything?" I honestly cannot answer that question at the moment. I really wish that I could, but my head is so cluttered with theories and assumptions, I dont know how to go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment