Monday, November 4, 2013
Wednesday Night
Wednesday night:
I checked into a hotel somewhere in Jacksonville, FL. It was 9:02 PM and I looked over at the side table, my phone was ringing. It was Wesley. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to sit there with the quiet. I didn't even know what I was feeling.I felt non-existent. I ran away from everything. I didn't want to deal with Zara's death or Wesley's Fiance, I needed an escape. My thoughts were interrupted by the phone, and again it was him. So finally I answered. He sounded so worried, but why? It's not like my leaving would affect him in any way. After all of the interrogating questions and the numerous amounts of statements ending in why? his voice changed. He sounded sad. I told him I was tired, but he asked me if I read the letter. What letter was he talking about I though...He said he slipped a letter into my purse when he got together that one day. I guess I just didn't realize. Well I looked in my purse and there was the letter, tucked down below my wallet, a little crippled because of the pressure on top of it. He was waiting on the phone for me to read it, I wished he would just leave me alone. I opened the letter and there lied the words,
Dear Aria,
I am sorry that I have been absent for so long.
I am sorry that I stopped talking to you and that I just left you alone.
There's something I've been meaning to tell you, after all these years I just never wanted to believe it we were best friends and just with Zara dying it really sent me down. Aria I have been so depressed for such a long time and I met this girl, Chloe. When we met, I was able to be happy again, she is the light in the tunnel I've been looking for. Well I would really love it if you would come to the wedding Aria, you have no idea how much it would mean to me to have you there. I understand if you can't come... I really honestly do, but if you can just please. I think it would do us some good if we had a few more conversations, a few more last memories until we break apart again and spiral out in completely different directions, like we always do. I really hope you know how much I miss you, over all of these years I always wondered how you where. I mostly came back home to see you--we were so close for so many years and there was so much I needed to tell you. I obviously can't tell you now. I may never be able to say some things I just really need you right now Ar. I don't know if this wedding is the right thing to do at this time. I have so many thoughts in my head that won't go away. Feelings that have never left me. I can't keep them in any longer Aria, I--I just can't. Please, at least try and make it home before the wedding.
- Wesley
PS: This may be putting you in a difficult situation, but... I am head over heals in love with you, Aria. I always have been, always will be.
Why now? I presumed to ask not only Wesley, but also myself. Well that conversation ended in a fight. He was engaged and he confessed his love for another person. No, it wasn't just a person... it was me! how could he have done that? How could he think that it was okay to tell me something...well something that crazy when he was about to be married. All I could think of is how hurt Chloe would feel. Wesley can't be in love with two people, it's not possible to love someone fully if you thinking about someone else at the same time. This is wrong. He knows he is wrong, I don't understand.
Well that was the last conversation I've had with Wesley, I didn't go home for his wedding, it would've been right. I don't even know if he married Chloe, I haven't talked to him in months. He is home though, I know this because...well I told my mom I was coming home and so she's going to pick me up at the airport. I feel so anxious...the feeling of doubt won't leave me alone. I feel restless my mind will not sleep, it keeps running laps around the routine I plan on fulfilling once I get home, to Vienna.
Okay so I've waiting here at the airport for about ten minutes, but my mom called to say she was here. I can't wait to hug her.
Wish me luck guys, I'll tell you how it goes back here.
- Aria
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment